Kodachi 5.2 The Secure OS
Linux Kodachi operating system is based on Debian 9.5 / Ubuntu 18.04 it will provide you with a secure, anti-forensic, and anonymous operating system considering all features that a person who is concerned about privacy would need to have in order to be secure.
Kodachi is very easy to use all you have to do is boot it up on your PC via USB drive then you should have a fully running operating system with established VPN connection + Connection established + service running. No setup or knowledge is required from your side we do it all for you. The entire OS is functional from your temporary memory RAM so once you shut it down no trace is left behind all your activities are wiped out.
Kodachi is a live operating system that you can start on almost any computer from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card. It aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity, and helps you to:
- Use the Internet anonymously.
- All connections to the Internet are forced to go through the then Tor network with DNS encryption.
- Leave no trace on the computer you are using unless you ask it explicitly.
- Use state-of-the-art cryptographic and privacy tools to encrypt your files, emails and instant messaging.
Kodachi is based on the solid Linux Debian with customized XFCE this makes Kodachi stable, secure, and unique view screenshots:
Main screen wide – Normal main screen – VPN – Tor – i2p – Security apps – Panic room – DNS settings – Other apps – Boot screen – Office screen – Webbrowsers screen – System apps screen.
|Onion Circuits/Onion share|
|Random Mac Generator|
|Built in Tor Browser|
|Free Built-In VPN Ready to go!|
|Multi Tor exit node changer|
|Multi DNS options|
|Exodus multi currency wallet|
|Panic Room/Wipe Ram/Wipe Free Space/Kill OS!|
|System and Security Info on Desktop|
How to use it:
- First option (recommended): Download the ISO file boot it up using Vmware player- best choice player or Virtualbox – very slow! – No files will be saved on it unless you install it.
- Second option: Download the ISO file and burn it on a USB flash memory using a free tool like Etcher or Rufus then boot your PC from it (Legacy or UEFI). You will need to boot and press F12 key to get the boot menu and select your USB on old PCS you have to change your BIOS settings to allow the system to boot from USB as the first option.
- Third option: Download the ISO file and burn it on a DVD using a free tool like DAEMON Tools then boot your PC from it.
Video guide on how to use Kodachi:
More Linux Kodachi videos on YouTube.
To Login as normal user (Recommended):
To change the password for the user Kodachi and root in case you want to lock the PC with your own password use the following commands on terminal:
passwd # changes Kodachi password su passwd # changes root password exit
Note I have disabled user login feature from version 4.2 if you want to login with user name and password after installation go to System -> User and groups -> Change password option to ask for login.
Kodachi comes with many pre-installed applications and tools you can also change Tor exit country from one click as well reset your DNS servers from one simple click. You also don’t have to worry about your wireless or display drivers I have included most of the common used drivers and tested them on my old mini .
Where to use it:
- Personal computer desktop or laptop daily use (boot from flash drive (recommended) or DVD(slower) or run it in virtual machine).
- Corporate computer daily use (boot from flash drive or DVD or run it in virtual machine).
- Internet cafes (boot from flash drive or DVD (slow).
- Hotels or during travel (boot from flash drive or DVD (slow).
- School labs (boot from flash drive or DVD).
- Any computer that has DVD (slow) ROM or USB port and allows to boot from them.
Where can I install Kodachi and have my files to be persistence?
- Vmware image (Legacy or UEFI).
- Flash Memory (Legacy or UEFI).
- Main PC (Legacy or UEFI).
How to install Linux Kodachi permanently on your hard drive – This applies to version 4.3 and above:
- Boot from you USB ISO image or DVD or if you want try on Vmware player first you can install on Virtual machine and fully test it with permenet installation.
- On Desktop click on Install_Kodachi_Offline.
- Click on Continue – My choice is English.
- Click on Continue – My choice is English (US).
- Click on Continue – My choice was Install third-party software ( You really need this option for drivers).
- Click on Install Now – My choice Erase disk (My other flash memory) and Encrypt Kodachi then enter the password then continue.
- Pop up window click on Continue.
- Click on your country then click on continue – My choice is Muscat (City in Oman) 🙂 .
- Enter your info do not change the user name! keep it as kodachi then hit enter stay back and watch.
- When it is done you can continue testing or reboot but make sure you remove Kodachi live CD, ISO, or Flush stick to allow the system to boot from your hard disk and not from installation media.
- Once you have boot from the installed system it will do some background work on first boot only then it will shutdown you will have to boot it again this will happen only once after successful installation of Kodachi.
- On some PC’s UEFI boot could be slow so be patient with it Kodachi screen will show up .
- Can I have permanent installation on flash memory stick ? Yes you can insert 2 flash memory sticks one for Kodachi live that you boot up with and the other will have the permanent installation of Kodachi you will see it on devices menu on later stages of installation process but be careful to select the correct device because it will wipe it and install Kodachi on it.
- Can I encrypt the permanent installation ? Yes you can and its recommended but note that each time Kodachi boots it will ask you for a password.
- How much RAM do I need to run in Vmware player ? Not less than 2 GB.
- Can I have permanent installation on Vmware or Virtualbox? Yes you can I tried on both and it worked but Vmware player/Workstation is much faster I had troubles with Virtual box very slow!
- How big should be the flash stick? 30GB for permanent install media and 4GB for live iso media.
- How do I know if the install was successful ? After you shut down and bootup you won’t see the installation icon on your desktop you can also try to save a file on Desktop and reboot if its there after there then installation went well.
- Does Kodachi support persistence mode ? Yes for both Legacy or UEFI mode you can perform full installation not only semi persistence but full installation can be done .
- After successful installation I see Vmware message no operating system found why is this ? You forgot to remove the ISO from boot up you have to shutdown (power off) don’t reboot! the image disable CD on power up option then boot up again and you see Kodachi with green menu entry :).
- I want to see Kodachi boot very fast how do I do that ? Kodachi can boot in less than 10 seconds! if you install it permanently (Legacy mode UEFI is slower) on SSD drive and boot from it.
- On your /home/kodachi folder enter the Own_VPN_Config directory.
- Paste your own VPN config into this file My_VPN_Config.ovpn
- One line should refer to the authentication file like this auth-user-pass auth.txt or you can skip this if information is provided on the ovpn file.
- Save and close My_VPN_Config.ovpn then open auth.txt enter your username on first line and password on second line (If needed).
- On bottom panel go to VPN tools then click on Start your own VPN icon.
- I do NOT recommend installing Linux Kodachi permanently on any PC as it will save all your settings on the hard drive which defeats the main purpose of being an anti-forensic OS to know more about forensic please click here
- Kodachi is a Debian-based/Xubuntu live DVD/USB operating system which means that all packages are based on pure Debian/Ubuntu repository.
- Kodachi is open source project under Apache License 2.0 and above all custom codes used on Kodachi are in plain text bash scripts that I wrote myself and they are included with the ISO package no compiled binaries no hidden codes! Kodachi source code is available in GitHub.
- I pay monthly rent to run the VPS nodes and utilize them for VPN which is provided to you, I do not collect ANY data or store ANY information (Logs) that belongs to the user except the hardware ID (hash) and connected IP address (VPN IP) that has to be sent automatically when your PC establishes a connection to the VPN. This information will only be used to banned you from the VPN nodes if you have abused the bandwidth or I received complains of hosting torrent files. If that is the case you will be banned permanently Kodachi is provided for anonymous surfing and not for heavy daily file and movies downloads. If you think you have been banned by mistake please send us your Hardware-ID via contact us form and yes you can use your own VPN then no HWID will be sent to the server.
- Note that I regularly destroy VPS nodes and create new once so logs are all wiped out and we all have new fresh ips to enjoy private and peaceful Internet :).
- Kodachi is free and will always be but in order to keep it free I would appreciate your support the project please contact me here if you intend to fund the project .
- Linux Kodachi 4.1 review in English by ubuntupit.com.
- Linux Kodachi 4.1 review in English by meterpreter.org.
- Linux Kodachi 4.1 review in Turkish by getgnu.org.
- Linux Kodachi 4.0 review in English by matsuura.com.
- Linux Kodachi 3.7 review in English by securityonline.info.
- Linux Kodachi 3.7 review in English by fossbytes.com.
- Linux Kodachi 3.7 review in English by hacknews.co.
- Linux Kodachi 3.7 review in English by teklordz.net.
- Linux Kodachi review in English by softpedia 3.6 – 3.7.
- Linux Kodachi 3.6 review in Arabic by 2linux.org.
- Linux Kodachi 3.6 review in English by opensourceforu.com.
- Linux Kodachi 3.5 review in English by hacker10.
- Linux Kodachi 3.5 review in Dutch by lamiradadelreplicante.com.
- Linux Kodachi 3.5 review in English by techlog360.com.
- Linux Kodachi 2 review in English by privacydusk.com.
- Linux Kodachi 2 review in Spanish by taringa.net.
- Migrate Vbulletin to Burning board – Hows and Whys - March 27, 2016
- Getting your mass marketing email to the inbox – Effective Email Techniques - March 6, 2015
- IOS Tips Keyboard Shortcuts on IPHONE & IPAD - February 22, 2015
- Security Assessments - January 1, 2015
- Secure Dedicated Hosting - December 21, 2014
Warning!!: Do not change the username of the system it should remain kodachi or some scripts won’t work after the installation.
To Start your own VPN:
Product Name: Kodachi
Distro watch Rating:
Usage: Open Source – Free
Version: 5.2 – Change log
Size: 2.03 GB
Released on: 13.11.2018 –
Source Code: Github – Sourceforge
Hash List: – – Text file
Download links 64bit: Sourceforge (World wide) – Europe (London).