Ways to deliver your messages securely
We all use emails and instant messengers on daily basis, however we should know how to protect these messages from being intercepted or modified even though if the instant messaging or email service is secured via . There are different ways to deliver your messages securely I will mention the once I could trust plus additional ways to be and fight spam.
Securing your instant messaging on IPhone:
- TNO solid paid secure text chat go for Threema. Excellent free alternative would be Wire which has web, desktop version, and video calls.
- Free secure text chat go for Sicher or MyEnigma or Wickr. Avoid using WhatsApp and Telegram.
- Another free secure text chat based on OTR go for Chatsecure.
- For secure free voice calls go for Signal or Mumble.
- For secure limited free time text and voice chat go for Seecrypt (Friend Synchronization is complicated).
- For secure paid voice chat go for Silent Phone or Silentel.
- To add extra layer of security on text chat you can use Opengp or iPGMail.
Blackphone is a smart phone that comes unlocked and features several pre-installed privacy tools, all fully enabled for at least two years of use.
Securing your emails:
- For our company we use Google apps service. Though they are using SSL , TLS and point to point secure smtp (gmail to gmail) I wouldn’t trust these methods as they can be intercepted via in The Middle Attack MITM attacks.
- For secure email service solution that benefits from a security conscious design and strong cryptography based on open standards S/MIME and OpenPGP. They also store all client data on a physical server bank in Switzerland go for kolabsys. For community edition of it go for Kolab. Another alternative Swiss based end to end , Fully Anonymous is Protonmail.
- To have an end to end encryption and secure your emails or files sent through mail clients such as google apps go for here shareware or a free alternative is GPG4Win. For Iphone and IPAD use Opengp or iPGMail.
- If you would like to integrate PGP with your webmail then go for Mailvelope.
- To secure and encrypt Internet connection go for StealthWalker. To be anonymous you need to access the email within the Stealthwalker browser or use Tor Browser.
- To encrypt emails at the gateway level go for Djigzo.
- To easily encrypt files using web browser only go for Mini Lock.
Extra email utilities:
- Fast sign up secure no need for third party to secure (Offering automatic encryption in between Hushmail users) go for Hushmail. Or if you don not wan’t to add your own end-to-end encryption you can go for Virtru.
- If you need to restrict access via USB dongles with encryption on top of the normal SSL go for Counter Mail.
- No sign up 10 minutes email fight spam go for 10 Mintuemail.
- Same as above plus accepted on Facebook go for 10 Mintuemail.co.za.
- For temporary email with any inbox name go for Mailinator.
- For self destructing email and tracking feature go for Self destruct email.
- For sending anonymous email with no registration Anonymouse Webmail.
- For anonymity go for Tor mail or similar tools like I2P and Freenet.
- For secure desktop clients use Safester or Valeso.
- Encrypted, decentralized messaging go for Bitmessage.
- For normal desktop clients use Ms Outlook or Thunderbird. You can secure these clients using PGP or Comodo S/MIME .
- To Synchronize Goolge Apss with Microsoft Outlook Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook®.
First Method (Recommended):
- Connect to any node via StealthWalker and launch Stealth Walker browser which is based on Tor network.
- Register a new account with Yandex.
- Send your email to the desired destination.
- Never login to the account again using any other browser as the StealthWalker browser will never keep a trace of your online activities.
- Download Bundle and run it.
- Use Yandex or Tor mail to create new account via Tor browser.
- Send you email and close the Tor browser.
- For secure text chat with end to end encryption that implements perfect forward secrecy go for Cryptocat they also also offer mobile version now.
- For secure free voice chat go for Mumble.
- For secure voice and video chat use Wire or Jitsi. I would never use skype chat as its not end to end encryption find out why here.
- Compose a text only message on their servers via SSL with IOS and Android support go for Temp.
- Web service using SSL to send secure self-destructing notes and get notified by email go for Privnote.
- Web service using SSL to send secure self-destructing notes with control of number of views and days go for Quickforget.
- For full review on secure messaging by EFF please visit this post or this sheet.
- To know more about encryption please read this document.
- To know more about IOS security please read this document.
- To know more about Wire security white paper please read this document.
- To know more about Wire privacy white paper please read this document.
- To know more about Threema security white paper please read this document.
- Apple iOS Mail Client leaking highly sensitive information - December 27, 2019
- Validating VPN nodes - November 3, 2019
- Migrating from php 5.6 to 7.3 - November 1, 2019
- Linux Kodachi 7.2 The Secure OS - October 20, 2013
- Migrating from Vbulletin to Burning board - March 27, 2016
Securing your instant messaging on PC:
As I mentioned earlier you should first secure you connection via vpn tool like StealthWalker.
Services to send self-destructing notes: