Kodachi 6.0 The Secure OS
Linux Kodachi operating system is based on Xubuntu 18.04 it will provide you with a secure, anti-forensic, and anonymous operating system considering all features that a person who is concerned about privacy would need to have in order to be secure.
Kodachi is very easy to use all you have to do is boot it up on your PC via USB drive then you should have a fully running operating system with established VPN connection + Connection established + service running. No setup or knowledge is required from your side we do it all for you. The entire OS is functional from your temporary memory RAM so once you shut it down no trace is left behind all your activities are wiped out.
Kodachi is a live operating system that you can start on almost any computer from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card. It aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity, and helps you to:
- Use the Internet anonymously.
- All connections to the Internet are forced to go through the then Tor network with DNS encryption.
- Leave no trace on the computer you are using unless you ask it explicitly.
- Use state-of-the-art cryptographic and privacy tools to encrypt your files, emails and instant messaging.
Kodachi is based on the solid Linux Xubuntu/Debian with customized XFCE this makes Kodachi stable, secure, and unique view screenshots:
Main screen wide – Normal main screen – VPN – Tor – i2p – Security apps – Panic room – DNS settings – Other apps – Boot screen – Webbrowsers screen – System apps screen.
- Comparison list
- How to use it
- Security models
- Where to use it
|Onion Circuits/Onion share|
|Random Mac Generator|
|Built in secure Web Browser|
|Built-In VPNs from different providers + your own if you wish|
|Exudos,Jaxx,Mymonero, Electrom wallets|
|DNSCrypt, with many other dns options|
|Multi Tor exit node changer with eye country exclude feature|
|Multi DNS options|
|Stacer linux tuner|
|Rkhunter/Nuke os or device|
|Wipe Ram/Wipe Free Space/Kill and Nuke OS!|
|System and Security Info on Desktop with Panic room unique tools|
How to use it:
- First option (recommended): Download the ISO file boot it up using Vmware player- best choice player or Virtualbox – very slow! – No files will be saved on it unless you install it.
- Second option: Download the ISO file and burn it on a USB flash memory using a free tool like Universal USB Installer – Persistence support, Etcher – simple tool, Rufus – Good for reformatting, or YUMI – Multiboot USB Creator then boot your PC from it (Legacy or UEFI). You will need to boot and press F12 key to get the boot menu and select your USB on old PCS you have to change your BIOS settings to allow the system to boot from USB as the first option.
- Third option: Download the ISO file and burn it on a DVD using a free tool like DAEMON Tools then boot your PC from it.
Video guide on how to use Kodachi:
To Login as normal user (Recommended):
Password: r@@t00 –> Please notice that the 00 is (double zero’s)
To change the password for the user Kodachi and root in case you want to lock the PC with your own password use the following commands on terminal:
passwd # changes Kodachi password su passwd # changes root password exit
Kodachi comes with many pre-installed applications and tools you can also change Tor exit country from one click as well reset your DNS servers from one simple click. You also don’t have to worry about your wireless or display drivers I have included most of the common used drivers and tested them on my old mini .
First you should know that VPN -> Encrypts all your traffic -> Single point of anonymization
Tor or Tor Browser -> Encrypted only web browser traffic
Toriffied System -> Encrypts all your traffic – > Random multipale anonymization
Dnscrypt -> Encrypts Dns queries – > Fixed predifined list of providers of DNS over TLS
Tor DNS -> Encrypts Dns queries -> Random list of providers within the Tor network
For best anonymity results:
- ISP > Host machine (XMR anonymous VPN) > Linux Kodachi VPN (Virtual machine – Vmware) > Torified System > TorDNS > Kodachi browser (Best model)
- ISP > Linux Kodachi VPN with firewall forced VPN Traffic > Torified System > TorDNS > Kodachi browser
- ISP > Linux Kodachi VPN > Torified System > TorDNS > Kodachi browser
- ISP > Linux Kodachi VPN with firewall forced VPN Traffic > Torified System > Tor browser (Double TOR) > TorDNS
- ISP > Linux Kodachi VPN > Torified System > Tor browser (Double TOR) > TorDNS
For best security results (Email – Banking – Cryptocurrency):
- ISP > Host machine (XMR anonymous VPN) > Linux Kodachi VPN (Virtual machine – Vmware) with firewall forced VPN Traffic > Kodachi browser > Dnscrypt (Best model)
- ISP > Linux Kodachi VPN with firewall forced VPN Traffic > Kodachi browser > Dnscrypt
- ISP > Linux Kodachi VPN with firewall forced VPN Traffic > Kodachi browser > Tor DNS
- ISP > Linux Kodachi VPN with firewall forced VPN Traffic > Tor browser > Dnscrypt
- ISP > Linux Kodachi VPN with firewall forced VPN Traffic > Tor browser > Tor DNS
Why Kodachi does not offer to use (ISP > Torified System > VPN) security model? Because its not secure read this article.
If you know what you are doing and you still need to use (ISP > Torified System > VPN) security model then this can be achieved by the following steps:
First make sure your VPN profile uses Tan and TCP (UDP won’t work) then add on your VPN config file these lines:
up-delay # Optional to avoid the SIGHUP/SIGUSR1 after establishing connection socks-proxy-retry # Optional keep retrying if it fails socks-proxy 127.0.0.1 9051 # Tor is having socks proxy opened on Kodachi on this port so u redirect the VPN traffic to it
Then enable system torrify and finally switch on the VPN now all VPN traffic will go through TOR network.
Persistence USB allows you to store your changes in Kodachi flash memory in live mode so how to enable it?
- Download Universal USB Installer
- Plug in your USB then run Universal USB Installer
- On step1 select Ubuntu, or Xubuntu
- Step2 click on show all iso check box
- Now click on browse button and select Kodachi ISO
- Step3 select the USB drive you want to burn Kodachi to
- Select the Fat32 Format Drive checkbox If you want more than 4 GB persistence storage then select NTFS but then it won’t boot in UEFI only works with Legacy Bios
- Now you should see the persistence bar enabled scroll it to match the size you want for the persistence storage
- Click on create button to burn the ISO to the USB flash drive – Example
- When the job is done, insert the USB to your PC and boot Kodachi from it then select the option on boot up kodachi in Persistence mode
Now anything you do will be saved on flash memory but be aware that this storage is NOT encrypted.
For advance users:
- Download Universal USB Installer or Rufus or use Kodachi storage tools in Panic room section
- Burn the Kodachi ISO to the flash once completed all you need to do is extract one of the following files and place it to the root of the USB you just burned 1 GB – 2 GB – 3 GB – 4 GB
- Boot Kodachi from the USB and select the option on boot up for kodachi Persistence mode
Now anything you do will be saved on flash memory but be aware that its not encrypted.
Kodachi nuke is a self destructing LUKSs partition you can use it on Kodachi only if Kodachi is installed and encrypted. Simply what it does it will encrypt your Kodachi with its own keys so you will have two passwords the one you entered during Kodachi encrypted installation and the new nuke password you will have to enter after running the Nuke script. You will continue to use your first Kodachi password but once you are forced to open the system all you have to do is enter the nuke password and system will be completely destroyed ! no way to decrypt it even with your first password. So basically with nuke password you are commanding Kodachi to kill it self by destroying the encryption headers.
Setting up the nuke is so simple as the following:
- Install Kodachi on your hard drive make sure you select the encrypted LVM feature during setup.
- Once installed go to Panic room and click on Enable System Nuke
- The setup is easy by the script I wrote just follow the instructions and when you boot again if you enter the normal password it will login while if you enter the nuke password it will destroy it self on background you won’t even feel it all you will see your password is wrong please enter it again!
Where to use it:
- Personal computer desktop or laptop daily use (boot from flash drive (recommended) or DVD(slower) or run it in virtual machine).
- Corporate computer daily use (boot from flash drive or DVD or run it in virtual machine).
- Internet cafes (boot from flash drive or DVD (slow).
- Hotels or during travel (boot from flash drive or DVD (slow).
- School labs (boot from flash drive or DVD).
- Any computer that has DVD (slow) ROM or USB port and allows to boot from them.
Where can I install Kodachi permanently?
- Vmware image (Legacy or UEFI).
- Flash Memory (Legacy or UEFI).
- Main PC Hard Drive (Legacy or UEFI).
How to install Linux Kodachi permanently on your hard drive – This applies to version 4.3 and above:
Warning! Do not change the username of the system it should remain kodachi or some scripts won’t work after the installation.
- Boot from you USB ISO image or DVD or if you want try on Vmware player first you can install on Virtual machine and fully test it with permenet installation.
- On Desktop click on Install_Kodachi_Online if you want to have updates along with the installtion (it will take longer) if you face any problems or you want fast install use the other option which is Install_Kodachi_Offline.
- Click on Continue – My choice is English.
- Click on Continue – My choice is English (US).
- Click on Continue – My choice was Install third-party software ( You really need this option for drivers).
- Click on Install Now – My choice Erase disk (My other flash memory or PC HDD) and Encrypt Kodachi (If you want to nuke Kodachi you must enable encryption on this step) + LVM then enter encryption password then continue.
- Pop up window click on Continue.
- Click on your country then click on continue – My choice is Muscat (City in Oman).
- Enter your info do not change the user name! keep it as kodachi then hit enter stay back and watch. Please leave passowrd as r@@t00 then once you loging after setup is complete feel free to change it from Settings, then Users and Groups.
- When it is done you can continue testing or reboot but make sure you remove Kodachi live CD, ISO, or Flush stick to allow the system to boot from your hard disk and not from installation media.
- Once you have boot from the installed system it will do some background work on first boot only then it will shutdown you will have to boot it again this will happen only once after successful installation of Kodachi.
- On some old PC’s boot up could be slow so better use noapic option from the grub menu .
- Can I have permanent installation on flash memory stick ? Yes you can insert a flash memory stick that you will see on devices menu on later stages of installation process but be careful to select the correct device because it will wipe it and install Kodachi on it.
- Can I encrypt the permanent installation ? Yes you can and its recommended but note that each time Kodachi boots it will ask you for a password.
- How much RAM do I need to run in Vmware player ? Not less than 2 GB.
- Can I have permanent installation on Vmware or Virtualbox? Yes you can I tried on both and it worked but Vmware player/Workstation is much faster I had troubles with Virtual box very slow!
- How big should be the flash stick? 30GB for permanent install media and 4GB for live iso media.
- How do I know if the install was successful ? After you shut down and bootup you won’t see the installation icon on your desktop you can also try to save a file on Desktop and reboot if its there after there then installation went well.
- Does Kodachi support persistence mode ? Yes check above for instructions.
- Does Kodachi utilize my cpu for crypto currency mining to provide me free VPN ? No it does NOT be sure about that.
- After successful installation I see Vmware message no operating system found why is this ? You forgot to remove the ISO from boot up you have to shutdown (power off) don’t reboot! the image disable CD on power up option then shutdown and boot up again and you see Kodachi with green menu entry.
- I want to see Kodachi boot very fast how do I do that ? Kodachi can boot in less than 10 seconds! if you install it permanently (Legacy mode UEFI is slower) on SSD drive and boot from it.
- I have missing drivers how to install them? No worries connect the device for example: HP printer then simply go to panic room menu click on Install Drivers icon.
- My clock is messed up how to fix that ? Go to System apps select time and date then unlock then select your country then close > now go to security services cick on NTP time sync then go to panic room and click on restart XFCE Panel.
- I have Keyboard problem suddenly I can not write “google.com” anymore it becomes like “www,g66g3e,c60” or If i close lid / lock screen, I may not be able to unlock screen why ? To solve this you can turn the num lock off ( number lock off ) in your keyboard if didn’t solve it try Fn + numlk or Shift+Numlk or run this on terminal:
To check the status of Numlock if it is on or off run this on terminal:
xset q | grep "Num Lock"
- How to Start my own VPN?
- On your /home/kodachi folder enter the Own_VPN_Config directory.
- Paste your own VPN config into this file > myownvpn.ovpn
- If your config requires user and password then type it into this file > myownvpnsetup
- Then in myownvpn.ovpn change auth-user-pass to ../Own_VPN_Config/myownvpnauth.txt
- Save and close myownvpn.ovpn and myownvpnsetup
- On bottom panel go to VPN tools then click on Start my own VPN icon.
- I do NOT recommend installing Linux Kodachi permanently on any PC nor use the persistence USB as it will save all your settings on the hard drive which defeats the main purpose of being an anti-forensic OS to know more about forensic please click here If you have to install then please use encryption with Nuke!
- Kodachi is a Debian-based/Xubuntu live DVD/USB operating system which means that all packages are based on pure Debian/Ubuntu repository.
- Kodachi is open source project under Apache License 2.0 and above all custom codes used on Kodachi are in plain text bash scripts that I wrote myself and they are included with the ISO package no compiled binaries no hidden codes! Kodachi source code is available at GitHub.
- I pay monthly rent to run the VPS nodes and utilize them for VPN which is provided to you, I do not collect ANY data or store ANY information (Logs) that belongs to the user except the hardware ID (hash) and connected IP address (VPN IP) that has to be sent automatically when your PC establishes a connection to the VPN. This information will only be used to banned you from the VPN nodes if you have abused the bandwidth or I received complains of hosting torrent files. If that is the case you will be banned permanently Kodachi is provided for anonymous surfing and not for heavy daily file and movies downloads. If you think you have been banned by mistake please send us your Hardware-ID via contact us form and yes you can use your own VPN then no HWID will be sent to the server.
- Note that I regularly destroy VPS nodes and create new once so logs are all wiped out and we all have new fresh ips to enjoy private and peaceful Internet :).
- Kodachi is free and will always be but in order to keep it free I would appreciate your support the project please contact me here if you intend to fund the project .
- Linux Kodachi 5.6 review in English by Linux Insider.
- Linux Kodachi 4.1 review in English by ubuntupit.com.
- Linux Kodachi 4.1 review in English by meterpreter.org.
- Linux Kodachi 4.1 review in Turkish by getgnu.org.
- Linux Kodachi 4.0 review in English by matsuura.com.
- Linux Kodachi 3.7 review in English by securityonline.info.
- Linux Kodachi 3.7 review in English by fossbytes.com.
- Linux Kodachi 3.7 review in English by hacknews.co.
- Linux Kodachi 3.7 review in English by teklordz.net.
- Linux Kodachi review in English by softpedia 3.6 – 3.7.
- Linux Kodachi 3.6 review in Arabic by 2linux.org.
- Linux Kodachi 3.6 review in English by opensourceforu.com.
- Linux Kodachi 3.5 review in English by hacker10.
- Linux Kodachi 3.5 review in Dutch by lamiradadelreplicante.com.
- Linux Kodachi 3.5 review in English by techlog360.com.
- Linux Kodachi 2 review in English by privacydusk.com.
- Linux Kodachi 2 review in Spanish by taringa.net.
Product Name: Kodachi
Distro watch Rating:
Usage: Open Source – Free
Version: 6.0 – Change log
Size: 2.26 GB
Released on: 09.02.2019 –
Source Code: Github
Hash List: – – Text file
Download links 64bit: Sourceforge (World wide) – Europe (London) .
Latest posts by Warith Al Maawali (see all)
- Migrate Vbulletin to Burning board – Hows and Whys - March 27, 2016
- Getting your mass marketing email to the inbox – Effective Email Techniques - March 6, 2015
- IOS Tips Keyboard Shortcuts on IPHONE & IPAD - February 22, 2015
- Security Assessments - January 1, 2015
- Secure Dedicated Hosting - December 21, 2014